Field rules with radiobuttonlist

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:18 PM
I'm trying to add a field rule that depend from a radiobuttonlist but it doesnt work, the radiobutton list has 2 values "Yes" and "No" then what supposed I should put on the field "Contains/Is"? I have trying with "yes", "YES", "Yes" but any of them has worked
(If i use a TextBox It works)
Jul 19, 2016 at 10:04 PM
Hi Jose

no reason this shouldn't work, I have just run a quick test on my local here with no issues. make sure the Contains/is field is 100% accurate, including case sensitivity.

We have had issues in the past (probably with user error) and to simplify we have use "1" and "2" as the values in the source fields rather than words and then used the 1 in the contains/is field.

have a look and then pm me if you want me to send a url for me to look at.
Jul 20, 2016 at 4:57 AM
Thanks for your response. The radiobutton has "Encrypt Field"=true only when is enabled it doesnt work, If I want continue using Encrypt Field what supposed I should put on the field "Contains/Is"?
Jul 20, 2016 at 5:54 AM
can you talk me through the use case for wanting to encrypt the field?

as it says in the help for that Encrypt Field option, the main purpose is to hide data from the user
Useful for hiding Data on the Web Page such as a List of Email Addresses which are used for the Send To: address on a Lead Generation Form
but to my mind your radio button is there as a user control for them to select an option. thus I would say that by design the form rules will not work with encryption on.

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that, I'm not the module developer just a long term user.
Jul 20, 2016 at 10:01 PM
Thanks for your response. I was trying to use that option because my client requires that all information is stored and encrypted in the database, so do you know? how could do I do that?