moving form default DNN capha to Google Re-Captcha

May 8, 2016 at 11:13 PM
Hi Folks

we use this module as our main go to for building forms and mostly love it.

What we don't love is the current use of the default DNN Captcha which lets face it is not only ugly but does not perform particularly well.

I would very much like to see some changes made so that we could use the new Goggle re-Captcha for human validation on Form Master. We are willing to sponsor this addition/change if there is anyone out there willing to do the work.

Either reply here or send me a private message if you are interested.
Coordinator
May 28, 2016 at 1:50 PM
The version available here has the Google reCaptcha option available.
May 30, 2016 at 2:08 AM
Well that will teach me for not keeping the module patched :) Thanks for the heads up.

I have now upgraded to the latest version and implemented some tests with the Google Re_Captcha and it is a huge improvement. just have a couple of follow up questions/queries;
  1. Is there any way to control the size of the display of the Captcha?
  2. Currently if a user hits submit without interacting with the Captcha then it disappears and just leaves the form and submit button. This didn't give the user a clear picture as to whether they have submitted their form or not nor any way to fix the error and re-submit.
any ideas or suggestions on either of these points would be greatly received.
Jul 11, 2016 at 10:24 PM
thought i would update the above regrading the control of the size of the Captcha as we have found a working solution and hopefully it helps othersout there.

basically we are using the css property of transform: to scale the end result, something along the lines of:
.C5SreCaptchaCell {
    width: 150px;
    height: 78px;
    margin: 5px auto;
    padding: 0;
    transform: scale(0.67);
    transform-origin: 0 0;
    -webkit-transform: scale(0.67);
    -webkit-transform-origin: 0 0;
}
the scale value can be adjusted to fit your site and you may need to set media queries for mobile depending on your design but it should work.